Saturday, September 8, 2012

Long time no see!

     Okay, so I've been doing horrible at blogging so far.  I feel bad for anyone following my blog, but maybe this is just me.  Heck maybe I should start posting my grocery lists, I might be able to find them when I need them that way!  But anyhoo, I got to go to the consignment sale in Springfield at the Fairgrounds this morning.  Of course, all of the stars had to align immediately and stay that way for me to be able to go...but lo and behold they did!!  
     I did end up taking sis because Keith thought we should have a "girl's day out" which is code for he didn't want to stay home with someone who is smaller than him that can tell him what to do.  Tana (my friend/neighbor/cousin) asked me to go with her, and we had a great time.  She is a shopping ninja but I already knew that because we get her hand-me-downs!
     When you walk in the e-plex it is like a HUGE garage sale, but very well organized.  Lots of moms hunting and dads carrying bags or babies. 
     We made a bathroom pitstop first thing, and when we walk in the bathroom there is lady changing a little boy's diaper on the change table and he is SCREAMING.  While I was waiting for Tana the lady turned to me and said very sweetly..."Do you have a cell phone I can use mine won't work in here?"  I say sure and she takes the phone and dials.   As soon as the other person on the line picks up (her husband?) She SCREAMS "I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET YOU TALK ME INTO BRINGING HIM...HE JUST PEED ALL OVER ME AND HE WON'T STOP SCREAMING...COME GET HIM NOW!!!"  "AND BRING ME A CLEAN SHIRT I AM NOT GOING TO STOP SHOPPING!!!"  Then she hands the phone back to me mumbling something about video games.  If this was you, I am not judging, I have been where you are (except for the video game part) and I feel your pain.  I think the moral of the story is that most boys do not make good shopping partners.  It took me a little bit to get my shopping mojo back after that but I managed. 
     All in all it was great to get out of the house and spend some time with friends!  Now, I'm off to balance my checkbook...

2 comments:

  1. I took Huck to children's orchard for fill a b ag on Wednesday...it could have gone much worse!

    ReplyDelete