Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Monday!


And we hit the floor running.  After a restful (?) Sunday we were able to get Keith and Colton out the door and off to summer school at 6:30 with some bacon and egg biscuits.  I decided it would be a good idea to do my outside work first while it was still reasonably cool.  So Conner, Sis and I headed for the berry patches.  Of course I had to follow Conner's directions for finding them...and after walking around the fields alternately dragging the wagon and carrying Sis on my back for about an hour this is what we got...looks pretty pitiful compared to the bucket of berries Keith and the boys got but they took the truck. 

After that Conner & Sis played in the turtle pool with the hose while I did a little weeding.  I have more kohlarabi!  And peas! And lettuce! And basil!  I was hoping the basil wouldn't come back from the trim I gave it until later this week but it looks like it will be ready in the next day or two.  Uuuuuggghhhh.  But I'm grateful, really.  Or if not, I will be later.  Much, much later. 
 

These are the pretty parts of my garden that I have weeded.




So now I'm crashed out on the couch eating (what else but) a salad and I don't know if I can get back up before Keith comes home!

2 comments: