Friday, June 22, 2012

Kola-who?



     Okay, so it has been a busy week and I haven't gotten to post so now I have to make up for lost time!  The last time I left you I was on my way to make pesto, and PESTO I have made!!  I have made over 10 pints so far and frozen most of it.



       My Kohlarabi has also grown big enough to pick, and so we all had our first taste yesterday.  The big K said that he heard it was poisonous so he wasn't going to taste it.  There was only 1 pin on pintrest about how to prepare and all the google recipes seemed questionable so I just ate it raw.  Delish!  Better than croutons on a salad I say, and I will definitely be growing more!  Sweet, crunchy and earthy tasting with no heat.  We have been eating snap peas and lettuce and we've grown one lonely jalapeno?  Definitely not enough to feed a family but I'm getting better!
     I am hoping next week to try and put some pesto up in some cute jars for gifts.  Something like this...
    

     And now since I have worked so hard this week, it's off to have some fun!  Hope you have a great weekend! 
     Just a side note:  in case you were wondering the little miss has been keeping herself busy while I have been hard at work...


Nope, that's not lipstick. It's...wait for it....hot pink ink from a stamp pad. 
In her own words "oh no, oh no, oh no".


    

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I love her! I can only imagine how thrilled you must have been :)

    The pesto looks great! I must admit though that I've NEVER tried it. (Shocked I know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - the jars are a super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete